Green Banana Blog
Tater Tot Casserole
If I had to pick one food item that would define my college experience, I would say tater tots. For my roommates and I, tater tots were the center of our culinary world. Ten years later and tater tots are still one of my favorite parts of any meal. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that I developed a few tater tot recipes, including this one my “Famous Tater Tot Casserole”. What makes this recipe so great, besides the tater tots of course, is how you can change the filler ingredients to any combination to match your taste. Make this recipe for any occasion and it will be the hit of the party.
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces*
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1, 32oz bag of tater tots
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
*Broccoli can be replaced with a 1 ½ cups of any vegetable or meat combination you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper and set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk
- Add broccoli, onion, garlic and cheese to the egg mixture and stir until well combined
- Mix in tater tots so they are totally coated in the egg mixture
- Pour tater tot mixture into a 9x13in casserole pan
- Evenly distribute the bread crumb mixture over he tater tot mixture, and drizzle the top of the bread crumbs with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until all the liquid has solidified
The crew that is responsible for the tater tot revolution, my college roomates
Most Recent Articles
Green Banana Blog Years ago my grandmother called me and told me she found a black bean burger recipe she wanted me to try and make. I did, it was delicious, and over the years it has turned into this infamous family recipe. Delicious and filling this Black Bean...
Green Banana BlogThis salad is light, refreshing and full of flavor. Perfect for a light meal on hot summer days, or a nice side dish to brighten up your winter dinners. Want to take it to the next level? Top this Grapefruit and Hemp seed Salad with a poached egg for...
Green Banana BlogMarsala is an Italian-American staple and a restaurant favorite, but why can’t you enjoy it at home? Don’t let the bold flavors of this saue intimidate you. Just follow these easy steps and you will be making a restaurant quality dinner in no time. If...
Green Banana Blog This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thigh Recipe is so full of flavor you will be scraping every last bit off your plate. It is a keto friendly, dairy-free, hearty one pan meal you will find yourself making over and over again. Ingredients: -6 bone-in,...
Green Banana Blog This Lentil Loaf is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes. It is a hearty and nutritious meal that is high in fiber, protein and is sure to fill you up. I love to make this recipe and serve it with a Vegetarian Gravy (see recipe below) and...
Copyright © 2020 Green Banana Wellness LLC. & Anna Mahoney LLC. All rights reserved.