Green Banana Blog
Quinoa is a super grain packed with protein, fiber and antioxidants, but that isn’t the only thing that makes this a great recipe. It is also delicious, easy to make, and versatile. Quinoa Cakes are a staple in my house. As a plant based eater, I use them as the star of my dishes, but my carnivorous husband loves to add them as a healthy side to his meals. These Quinoa Cakes are sure to please your whole household
Watch the live demonstration of this recipe on my YouTube Channel
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup mayonnaise or greek yogurt*
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice divided
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- ¼ cup frozen spinach, water squeezed out and finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, set aside and allow to cool
- Combine mayonnaise or greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp lemon juice and basil in a small bowl and set aside
- Once the quinoa is cooled, combine the remaining ingredients except for the coconut oil into a large bowl, mix until well combined.
- In a large saute pan heat the coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, take ⅓ cup of the quinoa mixture and place it in the pan, flatten to about ½ inch thick and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges of the cake start to brown, then flip over and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the bottom is golden brown, then place cake on a cooling rack.
- Do this to each quinoa cake in batches of 4 at a time.
- Serve hot, with dipping sauce
- You can also serve these as a side to a soup, salad, use as a veggie burger, or as the “bread” in a sandwich.
- Quinoa cakes can be refrigerated for up to 5 days, or once cool the cakes can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Most Recent Articles
Green Banana Blog Years ago my grandmother called me and told me she found a black bean burger recipe she wanted me to try and make. I did, it was delicious, and over the years it has turned into this infamous family recipe. Delicious and filling this Black Bean...
Green Banana Blog If I had to pick one food item that would define my college experience, I would say tater tots. For my roommates and I, tater tots were the center of our culinary world. Ten years later and tater tots are still one of my favorite parts of any...
Green Banana BlogThis salad is light, refreshing and full of flavor. Perfect for a light meal on hot summer days, or a nice side dish to brighten up your winter dinners. Want to take it to the next level? Top this Grapefruit and Hemp seed Salad with a poached egg for...
Green Banana BlogMarsala is an Italian-American staple and a restaurant favorite, but why can’t you enjoy it at home? Don’t let the bold flavors of this saue intimidate you. Just follow these easy steps and you will be making a restaurant quality dinner in no time. If...
Green Banana Blog This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thigh Recipe is so full of flavor you will be scraping every last bit off your plate. It is a keto friendly, dairy-free, hearty one pan meal you will find yourself making over and over again. Ingredients: -6 bone-in,...
Copyright © 2020 Green Banana Wellness LLC. & Anna Mahoney LLC. All rights reserved.