Green Banana Blog
Grapefruit and Hemp Seed Salad
This salad is light, refreshing and full of flavor. Perfect for a light meal on hot summer days, or a nice side dish to brighten up your winter dinners. Want to take it to the next level? Top this Grapefruit and Hemp seed Salad with a poached egg for a bolder depth of flavor
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1 grapefruit
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Put mixed green in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the fennel sliced and hemp seeds.
- Peel and section the grapefruit, discard the peel, place the sections in the bowl with the mixed greens. Then squeeze the leftover grapefruit juice out of the remaining pulp into a small bowl.
- In a salad dressing bottle, combine the grapefruit juice, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and shake until well combined
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of the salad dressing on the mixed greens and toss until everything is coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pictured below with my Famous Tater Tot Casserole
Most Recent Articles
Green Banana Blog Years ago my grandmother called me and told me she found a black bean burger recipe she wanted me to try and make. I did, it was delicious, and over the years it has turned into this infamous family recipe. Delicious and filling this Black Bean...
Green Banana Blog If I had to pick one food item that would define my college experience, I would say tater tots. For my roommates and I, tater tots were the center of our culinary world. Ten years later and tater tots are still one of my favorite parts of any...
Green Banana BlogMarsala is an Italian-American staple and a restaurant favorite, but why can’t you enjoy it at home? Don’t let the bold flavors of this saue intimidate you. Just follow these easy steps and you will be making a restaurant quality dinner in no time. If...
Green Banana Blog This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thigh Recipe is so full of flavor you will be scraping every last bit off your plate. It is a keto friendly, dairy-free, hearty one pan meal you will find yourself making over and over again. Ingredients: -6 bone-in,...
Green Banana Blog This Lentil Loaf is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes. It is a hearty and nutritious meal that is high in fiber, protein and is sure to fill you up. I love to make this recipe and serve it with a Vegetarian Gravy (see recipe below) and...
Copyright © 2020 Green Banana Wellness LLC. & Anna Mahoney LLC. All rights reserved.