Green Banana Blog
Grapefruit and Hemp Seed Salad
This salad is light, refreshing and full of flavor. Perfect for a light meal on hot summer days, or a nice side dish to brighten up your winter dinners. Want to take it to the next level? Top this Grapefruit and Hemp seed Salad with a poached egg for a bolder depth of flavor
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1 grapefruit
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Put mixed green in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the fennel sliced and hemp seeds.
- Peel and section the grapefruit, discard the peel, place the sections in the bowl with the mixed greens. Then squeeze the leftover grapefruit juice out of the remaining pulp into a small bowl.
- In a salad dressing bottle, combine the grapefruit juice, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and shake until well combined
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of the salad dressing on the mixed greens and toss until everything is coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pictured below with my Famous Tater Tot Casserole